No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here. Please join us for our live worship service!
Posted by Congregational United Church of Christ, Neenah/Menasha on Sunday, September 6, 2020
song NCH 90 Rising in Darkness (v. 1, 3)
Romans 13:8-14 & Matthew 18:15-20
NCH 396 Where Charity and Love Prevail
prayers of the people
The Lord’s Prayer
song NCH 337 Draw us in the Spirit’s Tether
song NCH 89 Awake, Awake to Love and Work (v. 1, 3)
NCH 90 “Rising in Darkness” Text attrib to Gregory the Great (540-604); Tune: “Christe Sanctorum,’ 1782.
- Rising in darkness, let us all keep watching, let psalms provide our source of meditation; and sing with all our strength; hymns of adoration to our Creator bring.
- Grant, O blessed Godhead, this our prayer at dawning, that we reflect the goodness of your presence; your beauty shines, O Light, O Sun, O Radiance, glory re-echoing.
NCH 396 “Where Charity and Love Prevail” Text: Latin, 9th cent.; Tune: “Christian Love,” Paul Benoit, 1961.
- Where charity and love prevail, there God is ever found; brought here together by Christ’s love, by love are we thus bound.
- With grateful joy and holy fear true charity we learn; let us with heart and mind and strength now love Christ in return.
- Forgive we now each other’s faults as we our faults confess; and let us love each other well in Christian holiness.
- Let strife among us be unknown, let all contention cease; be Christ the glory that week, be ours Christ’s holy peace.
NCH 337 “Draw Us in the Spirit’s Tether” Text: Percy Dearmer, 1925, altered; Tune: “Union Seminary,” Harold Friedell, 1957, adapt Jet Turner, 1967.
- Draw us in the Spirit’s tether, for when humbly in your name, two or three are met together, you are in the midst of them; Alleluia! Alleulia! Touch we now your garment’s hem.
- As disciples used to gather in the name of Christ to sup, then with thanks to God the Giver, break the bread and bless the cup, Alleluia! Alleluia! So now bind our friendship up.
- All our meals and all our living make as sacraments of you, that by caring, helping, giving, we may be disciples true. Alleluia! Alleluia! We may serve with faith anew.
NCH 89 “Awake, Awake to Love and Work” Text: Geoffrey Studdert-Kennedy, 1921, altered; Tune: “Morning Song,” Kentucky Harmony, 1816.
- Awake, awake to love and work! The lark is in the sky; the fields are wet with diamond dew; the worlds awake to cry their praises to the Fount of Life; Christ Jesus passes by.
- To give and give, and give again, as God’s own grace is free; to spend yourself nor count the cost; to serve most gloriously the God who gave all worlds that are, and all that are to be.