No matter who you are or where you are on life‘s journey, you are welcome here. Please join us for our live outdoor worship service. ￼
Posted by Congregational United Church of Christ, Neenah/Menasha on Sunday, September 13, 2020
singing bowl Izzy Hagenow
gathering music Spencer Jones
welcome David Frey
Bible presentation Shirl Alix/David Frey
song NCH 544 “If I Have Been the Source of Pain, O God”
song NCH 499 “Pues Si Vivimos”
prayers of the people
The Lord’s Prayer
song NCH 569 “Touch the Earth Lightly”
NCH 544 “If I Have Been the Source of Pain, O God” Spanish Text: Sara M. de Hall from a poem by C.M. Battersby; English Translation: Janet W. May; Tune: “Camacua,” Pablo D. Sosa.
- If I have been the source of pain, O God; if to the weak I have refused my strength; if, in rebellion, I have strayed away; forgive me, God.
- If I have spoken words of cruelty; if I have left some suffering unrelieved; condemn not my insensitivity; forgive me, God.
- If I’ve insisted on a peaceful life, far from the struggles that the gospel brings, when you prefer to guide me to the strife, forgive me God.
- Receive, O God, this ardent word of prayer, and free me from temptation’s subtle snare, with tender patience, lead me to your care. Amen, amen.
NCH 499 “Pues Si Vivimos” Text and Tune: Trad., Mexican; second verse: Elise Eslinger, 1983
- 1: In all our living, we belong to God; and in our dying, we are still with God; so, whether living, or whether dying, we belong to God; we belong to God.
- God sent Christ Jesus to be our shalom, to show us mercy and healing love; so in our living, and in our dying, Christ is our shalom, Christ is our shalom.
NCH 569 “Touch the Earth Lightly” Text: Shirley Erena Murray, 1992; Tune: “Tenderness,” Colin Gibson, 1992.
- Touch the earth lightly, use the earth gently, nourish the life of the world in our care: Gift of great wonder, ours to surrender, trust for the children tomorrow will bear.
- We who endanger, who create hunger, agents of death for all creatures that live, we who would foster clouds of disaster–God of our planet, forestall and forgive!
- Let there be greening, birth from the burning, water that blesses, and air that is sweet, health in God’s garden, hope in God’s children, regeneration that peace will complete.
- God of all living, God of all loving, God of the seedling, the snow, and the sun, teach us, deflect us, Christ reconnect us, using us gently, and making us one.