What would happen if we literally turned our worship into service?
We do that from time to time. On Service Sunday, we gather for a brief worship service then head out to the community.
- We feed quarters into washers & dryers at local laundromats to help folks with their laundry.
- We do some out door, environmental work at places like the Heckrodt Wetland Reserve and the Doty Island Development Counsel doing a little clean-up and beautification maintenance.
- We prepare a meals for the Community Table or a local low income shelter.
- We build picnic tables for Greater Fox Cities Area Habitat for Humanity and Lake Edge Learning Center.
- We spend time at a Orphan Animal Rescue & Sanctuary (OARS), cleaning and playing with the animals (usually cats)
- We tie blankets for chemo-therapy patients, LEAVEN and OARS.
- We prepare new client packages for Samaritan Counseling Center.
We usually reserve a Sunday in May for this special event. Stay tuned for more information and the next event.
Doty Island beautification team
Community Table Meal Prep
Building Tables for Habitat