No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here. Join us for our live worship service!
Posted by Congregational United Church of Christ, Neenah/Menasha on Sunday, July 5, 2020
Song NCH 484 O Come to Me, You Weary
Scripture: Romans 7:15-25a Matthew 11:16-19, 25-30
Song NCH 489 I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say
484 O Come to Me, You Weary
- “O come to me, you weary, and I will give you rest.” The blessed voice of Jesus, which comes to hearts oppressed! It tells of benediction, of pardon, grace, and peace, of joy that has no ending, of love which does not cease.”
- “O come to me, you wanderers, and I will give you light.” The loving voice of Jesus, which comes to cheer the night! Our hearts were filled with sadness, and we had lost our way; but morning brings us gladness and songs for each new day.
- “O come to me, you fainting, and I will give you life!” The cheering voice of Jesus, which stills our inner strife! The evil one surrounds us and would our faith subdue, but you are strong within us, our courage brave and true.
- “All you who come and seek me will never be cast out.” The welcome voice of Jesus, which drives away our doubt! And though we are unworthy of love so free and true, we hear your call to sinners; in trust we come to you.
489 I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say
- I heard the voice of Jesus say, “Come unto me and rest; lay down, O weary one, lay down your head upon my breast.”
- I came to Jesus as I was, so weary, worn, and sad, and there I found a resting place, where Jesus made me glad!
- I heard the voice of Jesus say, “Behold, I freely give the living water; thirsty one, draw near, and drink, and live.”
- I came to Jesus, and I drank of that life-giving stream; my thirst was quenched, my soul revived, and now I am redeemed.
- I heard the voice of Jesus say, “I am this lost world’s Light, look unto me; your morn shall rise, and all your day be bright.
- I looked to Jesus, and I found my guiding Star, my Sun; and in that light of life I’ll go till traveling days are done.