No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here. Join us for our live outdoor worship service!
Posted by Congregational United Church of Christ, Neenah/Menasha on Sunday, August 2, 2020
Order of Worship with Communion, Sunday, 8/2/2020
singing bowl Nolan Smith
reading Matthew 14:13-21 Pastor Dave
gathering music Spencer Jones
a gesture of honor that communicates peace
song NCH 321 Break Now the Bread of Life, v. 1
prayer of consecration
song NCH 321 Break Now the Bread of Life, v. 2
words of remembering
sharing of the elements
prayer of thanksgiving
readings Isaiah 55:1-5 Joan Dioszegi
Psalm 145:8-9, 14-21
Prayers of the People
The Lord’s Prayer
song NCH 562 Take My Gifts
NCH 321 Break Now the Bread of Life Text: Mary A. Lathery, 1877, altered; Tune: “Bread of Life,” William F. Sherwin, 1877
- Break now the bread of life, Savior, to me, as you once broke the loaves beside the sea; beyond the sacred page I seek you, Lord; my spirit yearns for you, O Living Word.
- Bless now the truth, dear Christ, to us, to me, as you once blessed the bread by Galilee; then shall all bondage cease, all shackles fall, and we shall find our peace, our all in all.
NCH 562 Take My Gifts Text: Shirley Erena Murray, 1991; Tune: “Talavera Terrace,” Colin Gibson, 1991
- Take my gifts and let me love you, God who first of all loved me, gave me light and food and shelter, gave me life and set me free, now because your love has touched me, I have love to give away, now the bread of love is rising, loaves of love to multiply!
- Take the fruit that I have gathered from the tree your Spirit sowed, harvest of your own compassion, juice that makes the wine of God, spiced with humor, laced with laughter–flavor of the Jesus life, tang of risk and new adventure, taste and zest beyond belief.
- Take whatever I can offer–gifts that I have yet to find, skills that I am slow to sharpen, talents of the hand and mind, things made beautiful for others in the place where I must be: take my gifts and let me love you, God who first of all loved me.